Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Trailer Park For Soul

This is one of my favourite writings yet. I thought I should post it on my own blog:

A trailer park for the soul

Every year we lose more than half our populations to death, but we only bury a few. The remains of others are living among us.Have you had that feeling that you are living for the sake of just simply living? Decorated with flashing lights of a man in need of something new? Replete with the repertoire of a lonesome stranger, searching, hiding, hungry, burdened…DEAD?

If you have, then you'd understand that if the emptiness I felt is enough to describe who I was then I'd only be Jamaican.Dreams and ambitions paint that picturesque of a hopeful, energetic, ambitious child in a wilderness. I was thirsty, not for water but an oasis filled with life and avenues that allow for expression and connectivity.

Before I knew, my state of mind was nomadic reflecting a bum's. Still searching, and still in need. I was without the solace I desired, but then I realised the journey of a new life began with a single click.

Who am I? To be honest sometimes I don't even know. But where I am from gives no residency or citizenship… it gives freedom. Freedom to live, speak… THE FREEDOM TO LIVE AND BE WHO YOU ARE! The freedom we all desire. It's as if I have experienced the First Amendment of local ordinance in my new home called cyberspace.

I have relocated because I needed a fundamental change in my life that not only allow me to reinvent myself to keep up with the kilobytes of which my new home transforms itself, but to experience a change that would live with me for a very long time.

This feeling of 'boundary-lessness' was euphoric, orgasmic even. Windows were opened, Doors were broken, and Gates were flung up. I was in a whole new world, a new culture, one that I loved and embodied. It was my world and my world was me. It is a place where I can be anyone, anything or just me. I was related to my own self, and to those who bothered to share my ideas, dreams, and goals and perhaps think like me. I am socialite, a high achiever and a star.
It is a world designed by me, my own way of life, rules, beliefs, thoughts and my own personal security.

I'm connected to a web that I now can't do without. Its impact is profound. Its power immeasurable. There is unlimited knowledge at my finger tips and in the hands of all my friends.Yes, I share my world. I share the web. It's mine. It's ours.Freedom is ours, Knowledge is ours. Power is ours. Won't you join us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive